Ah, January in South Florida... A time when snow birds from the north east and beyond fly south to enjoy the breezy, balmy mid 70s Florida sunshine. Here we have outlined our 5 favorite things to do in South Florida during "winter."
1) Go for a jog along the ocean. During the summertime in Florida, it is far too hot for any actual human (that excludes superhumans or aliens) to go for a run during the daytime. Use the gorgeous, mild weather as an excuse to get your exercise in while also taking in some pretty views.
2) Go for dinner and drinks somewhere on the water. This time of year is great for enjoying some live music and dinner. There are lots of great places we would recommend for outdoor, waterfront dining and entertainment. Check out the Old Key Lime House in Lantana, the newly opened Margaritaville in Hollywood Beach or Guanabanas in Jupiter.
3) Get some culture in, and visit a museum. Since it is so nice out at this time of year, a great option is to explore the Morikami Museum and Gardens. The gardens are in a Japanese style and include a large Zen Garden. Also not to be missed are the incredible Wynwood Walls in Miami, Villa Vizcaya in Coral Gables, the Perez Art Museum located in Downtown Miami and the Norton in West Palm Beach. Follow up your visit with some frozen yogurt!
4) Wear boots and a leather jacket. This is the one time of the year when it wouldn't seem completely insane and possibly dangerous to wear these items. Use the time wisely while you can to bring out your cold weather gear.
5) Lastly, another great activity at any time, in any place is to go shopping. (In my opinion.) Check out Worth Avenue in Palm Beach for only the ritziest of options, the Aventura Mall in Miami for everything you can think of and more, and the Palm Beach Outlets and the Sawgrass Mills for some awesome deals, beloved by many an international tourist.
EASY AIR RENTALS
Your in- the- know source for all great restaurants, nightlife, events, adventures, and generally awesome experiences in South Florida!