At Easy Air Rentals, we have enhanced our cleaning protocols to help hosts prepare for evolving guest needs during COVID-19 and beyond. Our cleaners always do an amazing job in making sure the homes are cleaned thoroughly and are immaculate before new guests arrive. Due to the concern of the Coronavirus, we are taking extra precautions. We have systems in place for our cleaners that involve the following:
Here are some guidelines our Cleaners follow when we clean the homes between guests:
1. Wear protective gear while you clean. Personal protective items like disposable gloves, aprons or gowns, and facial coverings (like homemade or purchased masks) can provide additional protection. Make sure to wash your hands immediately after removing gloves.
2. Ventilate rooms before you clean. The CDC recommends opening outside doors and windows and using ventilating fans to increase air circulation in the space before beginning to clean and sanitize. Learn more about how to properly ventilate before cleaning from the CDC.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after each cleaning. Use soap and water, and wash for at least 20 seconds. If that’s not possible, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Learn more about proper hand washing
4. Clean, then sanitize. Use detergent or soap and water to remove dirt, grease, dust, and germs. Once the surface is clean, spray with a disinfectant. Let it stand for a few minutes, then wipe—and if you’re not using paper towels or disposable wipes, it’s best to use a new cleaning cloth for each guest.
5. Avoid touching your face while cleaning. To prevent the spread of germs, the CDC recommends not touching your face, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands—so pay extra attention when cleaning.
6. Use the right disinfectant. Most common household disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach or at least 70% alcohol, are believed to be effective against the coronavirus. Pay special attention to frequently touched surfaces, like light switches, doorknobs, remote controls, and faucet handles. (See our full list of surfaces to sanitize at the bottom of the page.)
7. Don’t forget about sofas, rugs, drapes, and other soft, porous surfaces. Carefully remove any visible dirt or grime, then clean with the appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. If possible, machine-wash items according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Wash all linens at the highest heat setting recommended by the manufacturer. That includes bed sheets, mattress covers, hand and bath towels, kitchen towels, and blankets. Remember to wear gloves when handling dirty laundry, and take care to avoid shaking laundry, which could increase the spread of germs.
9. Clean and sanitize laundry baskets and hampers. If possible, consider using a liner that is either disposable or that you can throw into the washing machine.
10. Empty the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning. You should wipe down the vacuum cleaner with disinfectant, along with appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine.
11. While restocking your supplies, take a moment to check expiration dates. And remember to never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleaning solution that can release toxic gases that are dangerous to inhale.
12. Line trash cans. Placing bags into trash bins will make it easier to dispose of tissues and other waste.
13. Dispose of or wash your cleaning supplies. If you’re using paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and other disposable cleaning supplies, take the trash out after you’re done. If you’re using cleaning cloths and other reusable products, make sure to machine-wash them at the highest heat setting appropriate for the material.
14. Safely remove any cleaning gear. When you’re done cleaning, immediately remove any protective outerwear like gowns, gloves, or masks, and dispose of them or wash accordingly. Remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds afterwards.
How We Help Our Guests Take Care Of Themselves
To help guests maintain a higher standard of cleanliness and hygiene, we make sure our space is well-stocked with the essential amenities, and we add a few extras. Things like:
With Easy Air Rentals
Your in- the- know source for all great restaurants, nightlife, events, adventures, and generally awesome experiences in South Florida!